Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Q&A: Get to Know Me!

Hi guys :)
For today's post, I wanted to share with you all the real me, so I headed over to Instagram and I asked you guys to ask me anything you could think of, and I would answer it all in this blog post. I got some really awesome questions, so hopefully you all learn a little bit more about me!


1. How did you get into fashion? -@karlie_packk
While I didn't decide until my junior year of high school that fashion is something that I wanted to pursue in college, I always kind of had this little fashion bug. My earliest memory of this was when I was 5 (and in kindergarden) and I remember my mom telling me I had to wear this sweater and matching leggings that I really didn't want to wear because I wanted to wear a corduroy dress and some tights. My mom said no to the dress, so when she went downstairs, I quickly changed into what I really wanted to wear, and I made sure she didn't see me until there was no time for me to get changed before the school bus came. I got away with it that day, and since that day she let me wear whatever my little heart desired. In middle school I used to also wear whatever my heart desired, but all the girls and guys thought I was more than a little strange and weird, so they would pick on me, but thankfully I didn't let that change who I was. In high school, I became a "trendsetter" because I just kept being myself and wearing what I wanted to wear even if it was a little out of the box. Eventually people started to take notice in a positive way in what I wore, and I started getting questions on other people's wardrobe choices. It's honestly still the biggest compliment people can give me. My junior year of high school I started posting pictures of my OOTD on Facebook, and then when Instagram came around, I started posting on there. At the beginning of my senior year, I started this blog, and I think it's one of the best decisions I've made in my fashion career.

2. What's your go to outfit? -@jiatedaley
My go to outfit varies from season to season, so I hope this helps :)
Fall: Cute sweater/button down, jeans/leggings, riding boots
Winter: Heavy sweater, jeans/leggings, riding boots
Spring: Jeans or shorts with some kind of printed top or jacket and some weather appropriate shoes (Spring in Colorado is always very unpredictable)
Summer: I like to keep it really light and fresh in the summer so I'll either wear a dress with some sandals, or a tank with some kind of skirt or shorts and some sandals or booties.

3. What or who inspires you most in life? -@_cowgirlkaylee_
My biggest inspiration in life would have to be myself when I was like 5 or 6 years old. I work hard everyday to make that little girl with all those big dreams proud. I'm a strong believer in being your own biggest inspiration because if you don't, who will? 

4. What's your favorite store to shop at? -@karlie_packk
My favorite stores vary from time to time because I tend to become obsessed with a certain store for a period of time and only shop there for a couple months, and then I'll move on, but 3 of my favorites that I always go back to when I wanna do some spontaneous shopping is Goodwill, Plato's Closet, and Rue 21. I absolutely love thrift stores because you find something new and unique every time you visit. I love Rue 21 because they always amazing sales and I can always manage to buy at least 10-15 pieces for less than $40. 

5. When you can't find something to wear, what do you do? -@jiataedaley
I just walk around in my birthday suit for the day. LOL JK! I actually have two small walls next to my closet that I used to create my "fashion inspiration." Every few months or so, I go through all of my new magazines and I cut out outfits that I really like and would like to recreate, I tape them up to either wall, so whenever I'm having one of those mornings when I just can't seem to find something to wear, I look at the looks on the wall, and I'll pick one and try to recreate it or if I'm feeling up to the challenge, I'll pick two looks and try to combine them when I recreate them. 

6. How did you find your personal style? -@jiataedaley
The journey to finding my personal style was pretty long, and I believe I'm still on it. I just wear things that I like, and that starts by buying things that I like. Although I love trends, I don't like spending money on something that I might be "trendy" and that I'll only wear a couple of times. I guess I found it by just buying things that I really liked and wearing them. My personal style also reflects my personality a little bit. I'm a super sassy queen of life, so I like to dress like it on a daily basis, but I also have my days when I just want to be more casual in my jeans and tank, so I'll spruce up my outfit with some cute jewelry and a sassy high pony. I don't know if any of this really made sense, so I hope I can find the words to better describe it in my next Q&A :)


Check out my social media pages!
Instagram: @makefashionyourown
Twitter: @prettyfab17
Pinterest: @cynthiapayan18
Snapchat: @cynthiap18

No comments:

Post a Comment