Friday, January 3, 2014

5 Ways to Rock A Denim Shirt

Hey guys!
As you may have seen from some of my previous My Week in Outfit posts, I have quite an obsession with denim & chambray button downs, so today I wanted to show you guys some of the ways that I like to style these types of shirts! I hope this is helpful to you guys.


1. Maxi Skirt + Cute Flats



Button Down: Wet Seal
Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Forever 21
Earrings: Asian Dollar Store

I really love this look especially when I'm going to Kingdom Hall (my religions church) and I wanna be comfy, but still look my best. I just really like how the light wash chambray compliments the all black, and I really love the pop of color with the shoes and the matching earrings.

2. Sweatshirt + Heels + Statement Jewelry



Button Down: Mossimo Supply
Sweatshirt: Wet Seal
Jeans: Forever 21
Earrings: Forever 21
Heels: Mossimo Supply

I use this look more when I'm going to work or going out and I want to glam it up a little bit. I really like how you can add pretty much any sweatshirt over a denim or chambray button down and instantly make it look so put toegther by pairing it with a pair of heels. 


3. Mini Dress + Knee High Socks + Riding Boots


Button Down: Wet Seal
Dress: Rue 21
Knee High Socks: Lovely Wholesale
Earrings: Tory Burch

This is my favorite way of wearing button downs to work in the summer, because you're not too hot and you're still covered up enough for work. I don't recommend wearing something like this when its like 0 degrees outside, but on warmer Colorado days in the fall and winter, I love throwing on some knee high socks and some complimentary colored riding boots.


4. Cardigan + Jeans + Oxfords




Button Down: Mossimo Supply
Cardiagn: Forever 21
Jeans: Forever 21
Pearl Bracelets: Forever 21
Earrings: Wet Seal
Oxfords: Forever 21

Out of the 5 looks I styled for this post, this was definitely my favorite one. I just love how preppy it looked put together and honestly whoever said that denim on denim on denim doesn't work, lied. & if they need evidence, they can simply take a look at this outfit. The denim button down, the jeans, and the denim oxfords. I think it's just perfection.


5. Colored Denim + Slip-Ons

Button Down: LEI
Pants: Indigo Rise
Shoes: Mariposa

This is the most simple of the looks, and it's one of my go to's for when I don't really know what to wear. You can pretty much pair any denim/chambray button down with any colored denim and slip ons or flats that coordinate with the button down, and you're ready to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment