Monday, November 4, 2013

1 Outfit, 2 Ways: Preppy & Edgy




Hi guys!
Every morning I face th same debacle.... What style do I want to go for that morning? Sometimes I choose preppy, some days I go with glam, and others I'm just totally feeling the edgy look. People think that it's hard to style an outfit to several different styles, but honestly all it takes is some creativity and to know exactly what you want. Today I'm going to show you guys how I took 2 basics that everyone has in their closet, and how you can get two completely looks. Hope this is useful!

Preppy
So the preppy look is something that I've been leaning towards lately, and it's because it's so easy to look so put together and sassy! I decided to pair my preppy look with these tan riding boots from the brand Soda. You can pretty much pair it with any pair of riding boots you have, but just make sure your shoes make you look put together and they pull your look together. Any preppy look calls for monograms and pearls so I paired my gold "C" monogrammed necklace from Rue21, my favorite pair of pearl studs, and these thin pearl strand bracelets from Forever 21. I finished off my look with straight hair and some red lipstick. This shade is "Rich Red" from E.L.F cosmetics, and I love it because it's so easy to apply, it doesn't smear of get on my teeth, and it lasts all day. Although it's not pictured, I paired this outfit with my studded teal handbag from "Under One Sky." I love the pop of color and how it makes it less country club, and more school appropriate.




Edgy
Now edgy for me is so much easier to do because you only need 3 things to complete your look: Leather jacket, moto boots, and a dark lip. Check, check, and check! I paired this look with my favorite gray leather bomer jacket from Mossimo Supply, which I found at my local Platos Closet last year for only $8! Next I added these new black studded booties, which are perfect for running around campus because they don't have a heel, but they still look so cute! I threw my hair up in a ponytail to draw more attention to the jacket since I was going to be wearing it all day, and added my favorite dark lipstick, "Black Cherry" by Revlon. The only accessories I had on where some small diamond studs, and for a purse, I opted for this black quilted crossbody bag from Apt. 9 which I found at my local Goodwill for only $6, score! Put on your most fierce face and you're set to go! 





No comments:

Post a Comment