Sunday, November 3, 2013

5 Unexpected Places I Love to Shop

Hi guys!
I get questions on a daily basis about where I can score some awesome deals, without having the same clothes as everyone else. It's taken me some time to ditch the mall and look for other places with great deals and unique items, and I've compiled my top 5 places here for you guys! I hope you find some cool stuff!

1. Wholesale Websites
Yup. I shop online from places like "www.lovelywholesale.com," "www.dresslink.com," & "www.sammydress.com" for everything from imitation jewelry to cheap printed leggings and knee high socks. Now the trick to shopping in places like this is to always go the "Free Shipping" tab first, where you will get hundreds of items for pennies on the dollar, with free shipping. If you do decide to get something that doesn't have free shipping, check how much shipping is for your item and try to go for the cheapest one. You never want to pay more for shipping than you do for your actual item. Be aware that the free shipping items may take atleast two weeks to arrive, but be assured that everything will be excellent quality. I have used all of my items (I've ordered about 20; everything from clothes to jewelry, to bags) and everything is still in excellent shape and looks very good on. 


2. Ross, TJ Maxx, & Burlington Coat Factory 
Now these types of stores are sometimes hit and miss. Sometimes you find awesome deals, and sometimes there is not one thing that catches your eye. Everyone shops at these kinds of stores, so be ware that sometimes you may run into quite a lot if people with the same item as the one you're purchasing. I like to shop the clearance section because it means those items have been there for a while so not as many people want them or will be wearing them, plus you're getting a really good deal. My favorite items to buy from these types of stores are jeans, shoes, and handbags, because they always have the biggest selection, and they're really cheap. I refuse to pay retail for anything. 


3. Thrift Stores
This one is I think pretty obvious, but some people still don't realize how many unique and cool items you can find at your local thrift store. My favorite thrift stores are Goodwill and Platos Closet. I like going shopping at Goodwill on weekdays in the afternoons when I don't have school or work, because it's not so packed and I can actually make my way through through the isles without being pushed or shoved by old ladies. Every two weeks, they have a 50% off sale on Saturdays, but if you go into their store, they'll give you a calendar for that month with all the sale dates on there. You'd be surprised how many sales they have going on throughout the week. I love Platos Closet, because I can always find super trendy items for a fraction of the cost. Be sure to follow your local Platos Closet on both Instagram & Facebok, because they post all the cool & exclusive sales they have going on. You'd be surprised how much money you can save just by following them on social media. 


4. $.99 Stores
A lot of people are surprised when I tell them that I obtain 25% of my jewelry at these kinds of stores. A lot of their products come from China or Korea, so they're super cheap, and sometimes they're good quality as well. Try searching for some around your area and just go in on curiosity, you may be surprised. The cool thing about these types of stores, is that not everything is the same at every store, so you'll end up finding new things at everyone you go to.

5. Estate Sales
This last one may come as a surprise to some people, but honestly, some people don't know that these estate sales are filled with rooms and rooms of vintage clothes, jewelry, and handbags. My bosses mom is an owner of a comany who does these estate sales, and she told me that so much of their vintage fashion items get tossed out at the end of the sale, because no one realizes their value. An estate sale happens when someone moves or passes away, and you want to sell or get rid of all the items that you no longer deem necessary. They usually run on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and on Saturadays everything is half off. This past week I went to an estate sale and I was able to find an Indian style poncho, a vintage camo jacket, and a designer purse all for the grand total of $5. They're like thrift stores in the sense that you have to dig through a lot of crap, but they're much more organized. You can google, "Local Estate Sales" to find some in your area. 

Hope this helped! 



Versace Inspired Necklace from lovelywholesale.com & Sweater from my local Goodwill

No comments:

Post a Comment