Friday, November 29, 2013

4 Trends I'm So Over

Hi guys! I hope you all enjoyed your day off and were able to spend it with all your loved ones! As my break from school draws to a close, I wanted to be able to get a few more blog posts up for you all before my finals start. Hopefully I can get at least 4 or 5 new posts up for you guys these next couple of weeks, but I promise that after finals week, I will try to get on a regular schedule to post. Tonight, I was flipping though one of my favorite fashion magazines, when I started to become extremely irritated to see the same things over and over in all the pages. I usually have a pretty open mind when it comes to fashion, but I am just so sick and tired of these next 4 trends, and I would seriously appreciate it if I could stop seeing them EVERYWHERE. That's something I could be very thankful for this holiday season.

1. Crop Tops
Okay, I think that crop tops wouldn't be so bad, if they were worn correctly. I know I'm about to sound extremely rude, but crop tops were meant to be worn by girls with flat tummies or abs. I'm sick of seeing everyones muffin tops hanging out of their crop tops. I know I'm not a skinny minnie with a flat tummie, which is why I stay far far away from crop tops. They've seriously been around for almost a year now, and this past spring season, they just seemed to become the most wanted item in any typical girls closet, thanks to Brandy Melville. For fall time, all they did was make it into sweater form, which honestly does not make this horrible trend any better. Please just put away the crop tops.


2. High Waisted Shorts
This is the number two item on the list of items that I hate the most. These can either be really flattering or really unflattering, and for some reason, people always choose to buy the ones that are really unflattering on their bodies. Do any of you remember mom jeans? Yea, well high waisted shorts are basically the new mom jeans. I'm all okay for some cute skater or circle skirts, but honestly I think it's time to put away all high waisted shorts at least for the reminder of Fall and Winter.


3. Mid-Calf Boots
So these are not quite knee highs, and not quite ankle booties. They're right in the middle of those two heights. Now I don't know who came up with these horrible shoes, but they are not flattering on ANYBODY. They make your legs look short and stocky, and even girls with legs for days look not okay in these. Don't get me wrong, some designers have created some serious eye candy, but that's all they are, eye candy. Not meant to be worn, simply meant to be displayed.


4. Printed Button Downs
I love button downs. I own one in almost every color and stripe color combination. I love plaid button downs and I also love my high low button downs that I wear with leggings. I hate those button shirts, that are not really button shirts. You know the ones that I'm taking about? They're not really thick and they're super sheer, so you have to wear a shirt underneath, or most girls just wear bandeaus. Every single girl in your class owns at least one, and they all come in upside down cross prints, or some kind of vertical stripe print, with studded collars. You know which ones I'm taking about? Yea I hate those. They give button downs a bad name, and people who wear them think they're either hipsters or prepsters because they're button downs with studded collars. The worst part is that they're everywhere. Every store I go to sells them. Now don't get me wrong, I think they make some nice color button downs in that material, which can be nice with a cardigan over it, but that's it. Please, if you want a real button down, then buy one, just please stop wearing these.



No comments:

Post a Comment