Tuesday, November 26, 2013

12 Beauty & Fashion Essentials for Every Girl on the Go

Hi guys!
You know those days when you wish you could go home and give yourself a quick touch up before you begin the second half of your day, but you simply don't have the time, energy, or gas to do so? Well, I know that I have a ton of those days, and although my car gets pretty gas mileage, I've come up with an a little kit that I keep in the middle console of my car, for when I need a touch up, or I forgot something in my rush to get ready in the mornings. Hope this helps you all out!

1. Mini Deodorant
Now, I know that most girls get embarrassed by the talk of deodorant, but honestly it's more embarrassing to smell like B.O. than to carry this little baby with you. It's seriously a life savor if you ran out of your house so quickly, that you forgot to put some on, or maybe you're one of those people who get sweatier as the day progresses. You can find mini sizes of deodorant in the travel section of any Walmart or Target for 1 or 2 dollars, depending on the brand. I know the one in the picture isn't mini size, but I just had to show you guys my favorite deodorant, in case you didn't know which one to pick up on your next trip.

2. Bobby Pins, Hair Ties, & Mini Elastics
I'm one of those girls that constantly is having a bad hair day, and there is nothing that one of these 3 items can't fix. Whether I want to pin my bangs back, give myself a messy ponytail, or do a quick side braid, these 3 things are seriously my saviors. I keep them in this little container that originally contained a bunch of bobby pins that I purchased from WalMart for a few dollars, because it keeps me from loosing them in the bag where I store everything in my car, but it also keeps them together so I can reach them with easy access.

3. Perfume or Body Spray
This is another one of those items that I forget to put on before I leave in the mornings, but thankfully I always keep a bottle in my bag for those days. I personally prefer body spray because they're cheaper, the bottle is plastic, and it doesn't spill all over your bag. I know most people prefer the little roller ball perfume that comes with your full size perfume when you purchase a gift set, but I've had such bad luck with any perfume I've carried with me, that I just stick to body sprays now. I think that they both smell pretty good, but body sprays are definitely less messy.

 4. Favorite Mascara
You know how around the same time everyday, your makeup just doesn't look as pretty as it did in the morning when you applied it? Yup, that happens to me on a daily basis, but I learned that something as simple as a few coats of fresh mascara on your lashes during that time of day, can instantly make your face appear more awake, and your eyes look pretty and big once again. I suggest to go with a voluminous mascara to add a little extra to your lashes, but any mascara will do. I personally prefer Cover Girl's Clump Crusher or Lash Blast to give my lashes the wide awake look they desperately need at 3pm.

5. Sunnies
If you wear contacts, then this a must have in your little kit. My eyes are super sensitive to the sun at all times of the day because of my contacts, but sometimes I'm running so late that I forget to grab a pair before I leave. I started keeping a pair in my kit, after I got into a fender bender on my way to school because the sun was directly in my eyes, which didn't allow me to see the whole line of traffic ahead of me had stopped. I will never make that mistake again. I usually have a case for them, and I definitely recommend you put your glasses in a case if they're expensive, but since both of these are from the dollar store and very replaceable, I don't mind if they get scratched.

 6. Gum
I'm a huge coffee drinker, as is most of students in college, but between all my commuting, I don't really have a chance to stop and brush my teeth after a cup of coffee, so I always carry a couple of my favorite packs of gum with me to stop that coffee breath, because let's be honest, no one likes that.

7. Band aids
I have seriously learned my lesson about breaking in new shoes during my 14 hour days, but I still have those shoes that cause serious blisters if I don't put band aids on my the back of my foot. I also picked up this little pack of band aids from the travel section at Target, and they have saved my feet & me from many hours of torture. These are seriously a must have if you're always on the go and you always forget to pack an extra pair of comfy shoes.

8. Extra Earrings & Earring Backs
Putting on a pair of earrings is the number 1 thing that I always forget to put on when I'm in a rush, and because I feel very unfeminine without some on, I have made sure to always keep an extra couple pairs in my kit. I recommend going with something like fake diamond studs or pearls, because those will most likely go with any outfit that you're wearing on that day. I also recommend  you keep a few earring backs in your little kit, because I can't even tell you how many earrings I've lost due to the fact that I forgot to put on an earring back.
                                        
9. Lotion
This is one of those items that is so important especially in the winter time. You can always apply this to your hands and arms if they need some moisturizing, or simply to keep your skin healthy in the brutal winter months. This is another one of those items that you can find at the travel section of your local drugstore for under $2.

10. Hand Sanitizer
I don't know what it is, but I'm always eating in my car, like at least once a day, and because I'm a huge germaphobe, this is one of those items that I always have on me. You can find these are your local drugstore, or check out your local Bath & Body Works because they always have these on their 5 for $5 sale, which is a total score.

11. Cream Blush
I love cream blush because they're a no mess way to touch up your makeup and bring some color back into your face after a long day. It doesn't require you to apply it with a brush, and that's one less think you have to keep with you. I got these in the makeup section of my Forever 21 a while ago, and they are so pigmented and were so cheap. I only paid $1.80 for each one. It doesn't get any better than that.

12. Lip Balm and Bright Lippie
I have made it a habit to always carry these two things with me, because they can save your lips, but also save your whole outfit. Sometimes all you need is a bold lip to complete your look, and I am in LOVE with this matte lip color from E.L.F in "Rich Red." The color is beautiful, I love how the red looks in a matte finish, and the best part is it's so easy to apply and it doesn't move at all. You can find these at Target, on E.L.F.'s website, or sometimes they even have them for a dollar at Dollar Tree. I tend to change out my lip balms, but right now this red velvet lip balm from ChapStick is my favorite. It smells amazing and it makes the Fall & Winter time even better.

Now you can choose to store everything in whatever your little heart desires, but I personally prefer this makeup bag that I got from Ross in a set of 3 for only $9. The colors are very chic and I feel fashionable even just by having it in my car, but the best part is that it fits perfectly in the middle console of my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment