Monday, November 25, 2013

Best & Worst Dressed of The 2013 American Music Awards

Hi guys!
So I have a confession... I don't actually watch any awards shows, but I'm always on all social media and news outlets the night of big awards shows waiting to see what everyone wore on the red carpet, because let's be honest, the red carpet fashion is the best part of the shows anyways. You have all the pop stars, boy banders, and celeb presenters all trying to outdo one another on the red carpet. Umm, hello? Is that not like the best part? Here are my picks for the best and worst dressed of the night.

Best 
1. Ke$ha in Michael Costello
I absolutely love how amazing and classy she looks in this gown, but her two-toned hair reminds us that the Ke$ha that we all know and love isn't going anywhere anytime soon. She just looks FLAWLESS. She is my best dressed of the night for sure!

2. Taylor Swift in Julien MacDonald
Okay, T-Swifty has never looked better or hotter as she did last night. The hair, the sultry makeup, and the dress made her the hottest on the red carpet last night for sure. I love how she had the peekaboo in the chest area covered with a piece of sheer material, which made her show just the right amount of skin.

3. Miley Cyrus in Versace
Considering how Miley has shown up to red carpets in the last year or so, this is a HUGE step up for the girl. She looks flawless in her all white Versace pantsuit, and although I'm not really loving her makeup and hair, I still think she looks very beautiful and reminds us all of the Miley we used to love.

4. Katy Perry in Oscar De La Renta
OMG. Katy Perry was PERFECTION in this Oscar de la Renta Gown. Honestly, I'm not really a fan of her fashion sense, but this dress brings her creative and fashion side together perfectly, and we're left with the most beautiful gown I think I've ever seen her wear. Good job Katy!


Worst
1. Emma Roberts in Lanvin
Honestly, I think this dress had some great potential, and I do think that it could have been pulled off, but just not by her. When I first saw it, I thought it was a jumper & I thought to myself, "maybe this is an unflattering angle." After more research, I saw that her jumper was a dress, and that no matter what angle it was photographed from, it was still unflattering.

2. Ciara in J. Mendel
I know everyone loved this dress on Ciara, but I hated it. I think the fit was wrong for her body type, and her hair just threw the whole thing off for me. I think If it would have been a mini dress with some pretty wavy hair, this look would've worked for me, but her whole look just didn't look like it was styled together properly.

3. Heidi Klum in Marchesa
I hate this. I hate the fringe, I hate the cut, but I think I think what I hate the most is that a supermodel like Heidi would choose a hot mess like this dress to wear to an awards show. She needs to show off her legs, and stick to mini dresses, because she looks amazing in those at events like this. It was just horrible all around.

4. Zendaya in Donna Karan Resort
Zendaya is only 16 or 17, but this outfit makes her look like she's in her 30s, and please don't even get me started on her horrible extensions. She's so gorgeous and could seriously pull off anything, but this is just not doing her age any justice. It looks like what her mom should be wearing, not her.








No comments:

Post a Comment