Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Current Fashion & Beauty Loves

Hi guys!
So recently I've been doing some shopping (surprise, surprise) & I've come across these next items that have already become staples in my closet. Now I can start doing these on a monthly basis if you would like, or if you would like to see shorter posts, I can do them on a weekly basis and you guys can see some of the items that I've recently purchased that I fell in love with right away. I hope you all enjoy!

Clothes
1. Camo Military Jacket
Yes, I have finally done it. I have found the jacket with the perfect combination of camo with that classic tailored military shape. I was able to score this real military jacket from an estate sale for only $2. Can you believe that?! I love throwing it over anything, because it seriously goes with anything and everything, but my my favorite combo has been over jeans and a plain tee. It instantly makes any outfit, and it's super cute and trendy.

2. Cream Lace Dress
Last Friday night, I ventured on over to my local Rue21, where they were having there "1000 Store Sale," and thousands of items were marked down to $3, $4, or $6. I meticulously looked through racks and racks of ill fitting crop tops, and I was able to score 6 amazing pieces for around $30. Colorado weather has not really been on my side lately, but fortunately I was able to rock this beautiful little dress before our snow season started. It just has the perfect shape, perfect color, and perfect length. I can't believe I was able to score it for only $6! I know, pretty amazing right? I was going to feature my the outfit for this dress, but I've decided to do a whole styling post around this dress, so stay on the lookout for that!


3. Colorful Knit Aztec Sweater
Usually, when out shopping I pass on items if I'm not really sure if I'll still wear them in a few months from now, or sometimes I simply pass on them because I have a horrible impulsive shopping habit that I'm trying to break. But after the 4th time I had gone back to the store, and I still wanted it as much as I had wanted it the first time I saw it, I knew I had to buy it, and honestly I'm so happy I did. I found this little baby at my local Ross for only $21.99, which is a little more than I usually like to spend, but months of research on a sweater like this taught me that they were gonna be at least more than $30, I knew I needed to snag this one up. This is perfect to throw on over a pair of jeans, tank, and riding boots, and you can seriously call it a day. 



Shoes
 4. Riding Boots
I know, I know, I sound like every other teenage girl with an obsession with riding boots, but these are seriously my saviors. You can wear riding boots with jeans, leggings, skirts, and dresses, and they will ALWAYS look super cute. I have about 6 pairs of riding boots, but these are by far my favorites right now. The tan color compliments almost all of my outfits, and they are the most comfy pairs of boots I own. I was able to score this pair of SODA boots from my local Ross for only $24.99, and here's a little extra tip for you guys: check your local Ross on a regular basis, because they have new shipments every Tuesday, which means you're always gonna find new shoes, but also all their old stock goes on sale every Tuesday...DEALS!
 

5. Moto Inspired Booties
These booties are a little more edgy, but they're so cute as I showed you guys a couple weeks ago, you can pair them with even the preppiest of clothing, a plaid shirt. My dad bought me these ones from Ross about 3 weeks as a "thank you" for helping my sisters on a very tiring day of shopping for them, and for being his personal shopper and stylist for the day. (I seriously waited outside the dressing rooms for like an hour while everyone was playing dress up, and would pop out after every single item asking me if they looked okay or not. Point black, I'm the go-to fashion person in the family that will either "okay" or "veto" an outfit.) I'm also thinking about maybe doing a whole blog post around styling these boots, so let me know what you guys think!





Accessories
6.  Black Quilted Bag
As you guys could tell by my last blog post, I love statement necklaces, so I am just going to talk about my favorite purse for fall. I've been wanting the black quilted Chanel bag, for a couple of years now, but I am not going to be able to afford it anytime soon. Instead, I made it my mission to find an alternative for under $10. I was at a new Goodwill that opened in my area, when I spotted this Apt 9. beauty for only $6. I seriously cannot have been happier. I wear this purse with everything because it's black and so obviously it goes with everything, but it's so so cute and compact so I can fit what I need without having to carry a huge tote.


Beauty
7. Baby Lips & EOS
I love the dark lip trend, but in order to be able to pull it off, you need to have moisturized soft lips. Nobody wants chapped lips when you wear dark lip colors, because the deep color will seep into the lines of your chapped lips making it nearly impossible to take it off, no matter what you do. One of my favorite tips is to coat your lips in some kind of lip balm before bed, but also anytime before you apply a dark lip color. It'll help your lips stay super moisturized, but your lip color will last much longer.


8. Dark Lips
Shocker. I'm into the dark lips as well. I know I sound like such a typical girl sometimes, but in my defense I was into the whole dark lips last Fall too, and my obsession just rolled over onto this year as well. I just love how pretty and vampy dark lips look, and it's seriously my favorite beauty obsession for Fall & Winter. Over the course of the last year, I have accumulated quite a lot of dark lipsticks, lipglosses, and lipstains, but these are the ones that I'm loving right now. (From top to bottom: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain in "Crush," Revlon SuperLustrous Lipstick in "Black Cherry," Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in 420 "Deepest Cherry," & E.L.F Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in "Sangria Starters."






No comments:

Post a Comment